From 1921 to 1998 it was, for many, one of the most prestigious and exciting racing circuits in the world. We are talking about the AVUS - Automobil-Verkehrs- und Übungsstraße - the first motorway to be opened to traffic, now part of the German A115 motorway, which for years was periodically closed to allow racing competitions to take place.
We are in Berlin, Germany, and it is here that the company ERA GmbH made use of the range of MB Crusher drum cutters to complete demolition works on an old bridge which had loomed over the motorway for years.
Opened in 1938, the old bridge had reached the end of its life, and had in fact been superseded by a new, recently-completed structure. As often happens, the demolition of a bridge leads to numerous logistic problems relating, above all, to the interruption of traffic along the road it spans.
One of the aims of the contractor was in fact to not block traffic during the demolition of the old bridge. Following an initial phase, in which large drum cutters were used, it was the turn of smaller models from MB - specifically, the models MB-R800 (applicable to excavators of between 10 and 22 tons in weight) and MB-R900 (for excavators of between 19 and 35 tons) - to complete the work.