An interview with enterprise J&J Excavating Inc
1) Please tell us a little bit more about your company: What is your business activity? What is your position in the company?
We are a small excavating and trucking company based in Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada, I am trucker driver, an excavator operator and equipment maintenance manager. We are a material crushing and demolition company who does mostly contract and hourly jobs, as well as bulk material crushing and hauling contracts.
2) When did you buy our BF and which model? / On which excavator is it mounted?
We purchased the BF 90.3 in June 2012 from West Coast Machinery. It is mounted on our 225ex Hitachi excavator.
3) Which kind of jobs do you do with the BF? How do you use it? Which material do you crush?
To date, we have completed many demolition jobs with the bucket as well as a crushing job of 10000 cubic meters of blast rock. Prior to purchasing, we researched your bucket and liked the design of it. In addition to the blast rock, we have crushed asphalt and concrete as well.
4) What made you choose to buy our bucket crusher instead of a standard crusher?
We liked the simple design and easy maintenance of the bucket. The price of the bucket was a factor in the purchase as well.
5) Using the bucket crusher has undoubtedly opened you to new possibilities and given you many advantages. In what terms did you manage to save money and add value to your work with the BF?
As a result of our purchase, we were able to secure a contract job which saved us thousands in trucking costs and material. In fact, this job alone almost paid for the bucket. We feel that we can save a lot of time and money by crushing concrete onsite as opposed to exporting it and then importing material into job sites. The bucket is used sometimes for days at a time. Other times it is used for a few hours at a time it depends on the scope of the job at hand.
6) What do you think about the maintenance and use of the bucket crusher?
It is a simple design to maintain and repair. This is primary reason we like this bucket.
7) Do you think our bucket crusher offers you new opportunities to be more competitive in the market? What are the main characteristics that distinguish the bucket crusher from other more conventional crushing methods?
Yes, we have had many new opportunities with this bucket. We can move this machine and bucket into a jobsite at a moment's notice. It is also much quieter than a conventional crusher which enables us to crush in residential areas without a lot of noise and dust.
8) In the future, would you buy another product from MB? As you know, MB has been in the market for over 10 years; we have recently designed and are now producing the screening bucket as well. Would you be interested in this new product? Or would you preferably buy another bucket crusher?
Yes, we would purchase another MB product perhaps a screener bucket which would be very useful to our company in a few years' time.